Wait a minute--what am I? some old lady who should be home watching soap operas and knitting baby clothes? I think not! There is time enough for that down the road.
Old is when you stop learning, when you no longer find the world interesting, when you can say "enough is enough" and you want to shrink your life down to only those few things that are familiar and comfortable.
No way am I ready to shrink down my life, my waistline maybe --
I have too many things on my bucket list to complete.
So I will struggle on with new things I have chosen for this semester:
- Learn more difficult music.
- Get over my fear of performing in public.
- Sing excerpts of the Messiah-a bucket list goal!
- Master new computer software.
- Study music history and see where it overlaps with art history.
- Learn to write professional articles.
- Conquer my fear of music theory.
- Attempt to play piano properly.
- Try ear training again and learn sight reading of music.
- Plan multi-media art/music exhibitions.
- Teach more workshops in bookbinding.
- Put all my experience as an educator into my newest teaching opportunity